Update on MIHGH Translational Research
- Because of financial constraints due to slow state and federal economic recovery and to the loss of the congressional appropriations process, EMHS closed the MIHGH research facility in September, 2011.
- All funded research remains ongoing.
- MIHGH Scientists, Dr. Xiong Li, Ms Youhong Liu, Dr. Derek Hoelz and Greg Ballard, relocated to Dr. Rebecca Van Beneden’s laboratory at UMaine to complete their research programs.
- Environmental oncology research and development of UserGateWay software, led by Dr. Hock, will end Feb 28, 2013.
- DoD-funded PTSD predictive risk assessment in children research will continue as collaboration between UMaine and Childrens’ Hospital of Philadelphia faculty with completion planned December 2012.
- Maine Neurogenetics Consortium has transformed into the Maine Chapter for the Society of Neuroscience.
- The Community-based Participatory Research in Cobscook Bay communities, sponsored by GEECA, MIHGH and UMaine continues with transfer of PI from Dr. Hock to Professor Adrienne White, Dept Food Science and Human Nutrition, UMaine, and will complete June, 2012.